Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Tuesday in the Octave of Easter

Jesus said to her, “Stop holding on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’” Mary went and announced to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord,” and then reported what he had told her.

Jesus’ Father is our Father and our God. It is from Him that we received Jesus, His Beloved Son and the Holy Spirit. Through Jesus’ Resurrection, the Holy Trinity has shown us a merciful love greater than anything else on earth. It reminds us of our personal and communal relationships with God and each other. After all, if God is our Father, Brother, and Advocate, then we are all part of a holy and eternal family. We are brothers and sisters in Christ and co-heirs to the Kingdom of Heaven. All we have to do is profess our faith, live in hope, and act out of love for God and our spiritual siblings.

Do we spend time each day nurturing our relationship with the Holy Trinity? How can we come to know, love, and serve God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit? In what way do our lives proclaim the Good News to our fellow children of God?

O Lord, you are our Father and our God.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment