Thursday, July 14, 2016

Memorial of Saint Kateri Tekakwitha, Virgin

Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.

We all have labors and burdens in our lives. We toil to keep ourselves clothed, sheltered, and fed. We toil to overcome our temptations, anxieties, and doubts. We toil to increase our knowledge and wisdom. We toil to know, love, and serve our God and our neighbors. All of these things could wear us down with worries and work, but if we take upon ourselves the yoke of Christ and learn how to be meek and humble, then we can carry any burden. God never gives us more than we can handle. He always gives us the graces we need. All we have to do is to give up the yoke of pride and accept the yoke of humble faith. Once we do that, all our burdens will be light compared to the strength of our faith, hope, and love.

Do we seek God when we have labors and burdens that are weighing us down? Are we willing to put on the yoke of meekness and humility? Are we willing to let go of our pride and seek God’s help in our daily lives?

O Lord, we accept your yoke with meek and humble hearts.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment