Sunday, May 14, 2017

Fifth Sunday of Easter

Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me. In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be. Where I am going you know the way.

The goal of our lives is to be with God in heaven. We know that God wants us to join Him in Paradise, not for Himself, but for our own good. He loves us so much He sent His Beloved Son to preach the Good News to us, give us the sacraments, and sacrifice himself for the forgiveness of sins and the salvation of souls. He has prepared a place for us in His Kingdom from the very beginning and it is a very good place if we are willing to accept it. He gives us every grace and inspiration to lead us along the narrow path to the Gates of Heaven. He has given us the gifts of faith, hope, and love. He has provided us with the Church and His Presence in the Blessed Sacrament. These are all foretastes of His Goodness and the wonders of the love He will reveal to us when we see Him in Heaven. However, He will not force heaven on us. He gives us a choice. We can either be of this world or the next. Hopefully, our hearts choose the eternal joys of heaven over the fleeting pleasures of earth.

Are we living our lives as if our afterlives depend upon it? Do we believe God has prepared a place for us in heaven? Are we making a place for God in our hearts so we can accept God’s invitation into His Own Heart of Hearts?

O Lord, lead the way to heaven and we will follow.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment