Saturday, February 9, 2019

Fourth Saturday in Ordinary Time

The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want. He guides me in right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil; for you are at my side With your rod and your staff that give me courage.

If we listen to the Holy Spirit within us, He will guide us in right paths to holy and fruitful lives. Even if those paths might pass through dark valleys and darker nights, we will have nothing to fear if we trust in God. He might not lead us along the paths we would choose, but He will lead us along those ways that will lead to our good and our salvation. With God at our side, we have nothing to fear from the world or from the evils within it.

Do we allow God to shepherd us? Are we willing to let Him lead us even to where we don’t want to go? How can we be more trusting of Him even when we are passing through dark valleys and darker nights?

O Lord, guide us along right paths to holiness and salvation.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment