Thursday, May 14, 2015

Feast of Saint Matthias, Apostle

As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.

Remaining in God's love can be difficult at times. There are so many things in this world that try to drag us out of it. Temptations try to lead us into sins. Pride can sour our good intentions and actions. Selfishness can make us love ourselves over others. Sometimes we struggle with living according to the commandment and need every grace, every ounce of strength, to resist the wickedness and snares of the Devil. However, if we trust God, put our faith in Him, and allow Him to live and work through us, then we shall overcome all these things and become better people for it. So let us strive to remain in God's Love and live the life we were meant to live.

What things are keeping us from remaining in God's love? How can we resist and overcome them? Are we willing to keep the Father's commandments no matter the cost?

O Lord, help us to remain in your love. Always.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment