Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Fifth Tuesday of Lent

O Lord, hear my prayer, and let my cry come to you. O LORD, hear my prayer, and let my cry come to you. Hide not your face from me in the day of my distress. Incline your ear to me; in the day when I call, answer me speedily.

We all have days of distress. Sometimes they are caused by family and friends, other times by co-workers or neighbors. Strangers and uncontrollable events can also cause us distress, but we can also cause ourselves the distress, too. No matter the cause, we must turn to God in prayer if we want to be freed from our anxieties, fears, and doubts. We must share our worries with God so He can answer them speedily in His own way. The answers He gives might be easy or hard, but they are always for our best. We have only to accept them and do His Will.

What is causing our distress? Have we asked God for His help with these problems? Are we truly listening for His answers?

O Lord, hear our prayer and save us from all our distress.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment