Monday, September 9, 2019

Memorial of Saint Peter Claver, Priest

In God is my safety and my glory. Only in God be at rest, my soul, for from him comes my hope. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be disturbed.

No matter how strong or wealthy or famous we are, we will never be truly safe until we put our trust in God. If we depend upon ourselves, we will falter and fail, but if we turn to our Heavenly Father, He will protect and guide us. The goods of this world do not last and cannot give us true comfort or rest. All things will turn to dust in the end, but our relationships with God will last forever. He is the one constant in our lives and if we want any hope for happiness, then we must build our lives upon Him and make Him our stronghold.

Do we depend upon God or ourselves when in need? How can we more perfectly place our hope in God? What can we do to build up a spiritual stronghold to the Lord within our hearts?

O Lord, you are our safety and our glory.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment