Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Seventh Thursday of Easter

Father, they are your gift to me. I wish that where I am they also may be with me, that they may see my glory that you gave me, because you loved me before the foundation of the world. Righteous Father, the world also does not know you, but I know you, and they know that you sent me. I made known to them your name and I will make it known, that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in them.

According to Jesus, we are a gift to him from his Righteous Father. Sometimes we can forget this, but it is good to remind ourselves that Jesus treasures us as much as any gift given to a child from a parent. We may be tarnished by imperfections, damaged by sins, or even broken in some way, but the love with which we were given to the Son makes up for all of that and more. This is why Christ wants us to be with him and to share in the glory the Father has given him. Just like a favorite gift, we are clutched close to Jesus’ heart. It is this love that gives us our worth and we magnify it best when we choose to live a Christ-like life and manifest God’s Love for others.

Do we consider ourselves gifts to Jesus? How does this belief shape our thoughts, words, and works? How do we manifest God’s Love for our family, friends, and neighbors?

O Lord, we are gifts to you. Do with us what you will.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment