Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Seventh Tuesday of Easter

I revealed your name to those whom you gave me out of the world. They belonged to you, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. Now they know that everything you gave me is from you, because the words you gave to me I have given to them, and they accepted them and truly understood that I came from you, and they have believed that you sent me. I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for the ones you have given me, because they are yours, and everything of mine is yours and everything of yours is mine, and I have been glorified in them. And now I will no longer be in the world, but they are in the world, while I am coming to you.

Jesus is constantly praying for us. He is not only the prophet of Divine Truth passed down by our Heavenly Father. He is also our Master and Shepherd. He may not be with us physically, but he is always speaking to His Father on our behalf and present to us through the Holy Spirit. He has given us everything he is in order to help us to truly understand his origins, gospel message, and the way he is calling us to follow. And when we do follow Christ, we glorify Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and our Heavenly Father.

Do we recognize that we belong to Jesus? Are we open to letting ourselves become servants and even slaves to God’s Divine Will? Do we recognize and give thanks for all Jesus has done for us?

O Lord, let our lives give glory to you.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment