Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Commemoration of All the Faithful Departed

Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me, because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me. And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it on the last day.

Just like Jesus, we were sent to this earth not to do our wills, but the Will of God. He wants us to know, love, and serve Him out of our own free choice and to do the same for all His children. He does not want to lose any of His children and it is up to us to do everything within our power to ensure that those who are entrusted to us won't be lost, but rather will rise again on the last day. We cannot do these things if we act selfishly and reject God's call to be a beacon of His love to the world. It is only by embracing this role that we will come to completion and know what it means to be whole in Christ.

What can we do to ensure that we do not reject anyone who comes to us? Are we willing to place God's Will before our own? How can we make sure we do not lose anyone who has been entrusted to us by God?

O Lord, we will do your will and not our own.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment