Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Feast of the Conversion of Saint Paul, Apostle

‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?’ I replied, ‘Who are you, sir?’ And he said to me, ‘I am Jesus the Nazorean whom you are persecuting.’ My companions saw the light but did not hear the voice of the one who spoke to me. I asked, ‘What shall I do, sir?’ The Lord answered me, ‘Get up and go into Damascus, and there you will be told about everything appointed for you to do.’

All of us persecute God in one way or another. Some of us persecute Him through indifference and laziness. Others persecute Him through sinful actions. Still others persecute Him by denying Him or His teachings and choosing our own way above His Will. No matter how we persecute God, we all are constantly being called to see the light, hear the voice of God, and do whatever He tells us to do. And like Paul, we must get off the ground, dust ourselves off, and allow Him to lead us where we need to be and inspire us to do everything He has appointed us to do. We cannot do this if we remain blind and deaf to God. But if we open our eyes and ears to Him, then we shall be converted from persecutors of God to witnesses to His Love and Mercy.

In what ways are we persecuting God? How can we stop these persecutions? How can we become better witnesses to God’s Good News?

O Lord, what shall we do?

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment