Friday, January 20, 2017

Second Friday of Ordinary Time

I will put my laws in their minds and I will write them upon their hearts. I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The laws of the Lord are written in our hearts. They are ever-present within us and we are constantly reminded of them by our conscience. As long as we listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit, which informs our sense of right and wrong, we shall be God’s people. We shall do good and avoid evil. We will not be afraid to live out our faith. Our thoughts will be guided by the Truth. Our words will be inspired by the Holy Spirit. Our works will be achieved through the gifts God has given us as heirs to His Kingdom.

Do we listen to our consciences? In what ways do we make the law of the Lord central to our lives? How can we show God that He is in our hearts?

O Lord, put your laws in our minds.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment