Thursday, March 8, 2018

Third Thursday of Lent

This is what I commanded my people: Listen to my voice; then I will be your God and you shall be my people. Walk in all the ways that I command you, so that you may prosper. But they obeyed not, nor did they pay heed. They walked in the hardness of their evil hearts and turned their backs, not their faces, to me.

There are many ways we turn our backs on God. We give into temptations and sin. We let an opportunity to do good pass us by. We let the world distract us from what is really important. We let how others treat us harden our hearts and make us less charitable and merciful. We fail to know, love, and serve God and His children with all our hearts, souls, minds, and strengths. However, if we open our ears and listen to God’s Voice through our consciences, then we shall come face-to-face with God and be His people. We shall walk in His Ways and prosper spiritually. If we obey Our Heavenly Father’s commandments, Jesus’s teachings, and the Holy Spirit’s inspirations, then we shall grow in faith, hope, and love. We shall be good and holy servants.

Do we set aside time each day to listen to God? How can we walk more perfectly in the way of Christ? How can we avoid turning our backs on God?

O Lord, we are listening.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment