Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Wednesday of Holy Week

The Lord GOD has given me a well-trained tongue, That I might know how to speak to the weary a word that will rouse them. Morning after morning he opens my ear that I may hear; And I have not rebelled, have not turned back. I gave my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who plucked my beard; My face I did not shield from buffets and spitting.

God provides us with everything we need to grow and prosper in faith, hope, and love. If we pray for them, He will give us the right words to speak to others in counsel or comfort. If we pray for it, He will open our ears so we might hear His voice and follow His commandments, teachings, and inspirations. If we pray for it, He will give us the grace and strength to resist temptation, indifference, and distraction and never turn our backs on Him. If we pray for it, He will give us the patience, mildness, and mercy to give our backs to those who beat us and forgive those who mock or persecute us. He is always there for us, standing by our side and ready to offer us all we need to succeed as His good and faithful servants.

Do we give thanks to God for all He has given us? Do we ask for His help in all our trials in this life? How can we be more open to His aid and guidance?

O Lord, grant us the gifts and graces we need to grow in faith, hope, and love.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment