Thursday, May 16, 2019

Fourth Thursday of Easter

For ever I will sing the goodness of the Lord. "My faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him, and through my name shall his horn be exalted. He shall say of me, 'You are my father, my God, the Rock, my savior.'"

God’s faithfulness and mercy are always with us just as He is always with us through the presence of the Divine Image He has engraved within our souls. His presence is in us every step of our way through this journey called life. And if we tend and take care of the Divine Image within us, then we, too, will be exulted one day and enter into the kingdom. We, like David, will be able to say to God, “You are our Father, God, Rock and Savior. Thank you for all you’ve done for us.”

Do we remember that God is with us? How should we amend our lives so we do remember this truth, especially when we are most tempted? Are we able to sing the goodness of the Lord along with David and all our fore-bearers in the faith?

O Lord, you are our Father, God, Rock, and Savior.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment