Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Third Tuesday of Easter

Into your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit. Into your hands I commend my spirit; you will redeem me, O LORD, O faithful God. My trust is in the LORD; I will rejoice and be glad of your mercy.

Trust is an important part of any relationship. We cannot be united with others without trust… be they God, family members, or friends. God wants us to trust in Him. The Devil wants us to doubt God. The world will tell us to trust in ourselves, but if we do that then we will fail to trust in God’s Will. Pride can creep into our lives and make us feel like we are masters of our destiny, but we are masters of nothing. Everything we are and all we have comes from God. He is the Source, the Center, and the Summit of our lives. It is in Him that we find true fulfillment. This is why we are called to commend our spirits to Him and trust He will lead us not where we wish to go, but where we need to be.

How do we show our trust in God? In what ways have we commended our spirits to His Will? What can we do to build up trust in God in others?

O Lord, into your hands we commend our spirits.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment