Friday, September 27, 2019

Memorial of Saint Vincent de Paul, Priest

Hope in God; I will praise him, my savior and my God. Do me justice, O God, and fight my fight against a faithless people; from the deceitful and impious man rescue me.

God is more than willing to stand beside us in our battles against temptation and sin and impiety. He will armor us with virtues and arm us with graces and blessings. He will lend us His Strength and shall not abandon us during our times of need. However, He will not do anything, if we reject His help. If we think we can handle our difficulties on our own, He will not force his protection on us. If we choose evil over good, He will withdraw from us until we make amends. This is not to say He will completely abandon us, He will always be within reach, but there are some sins that require us to go to confession and do penance so we might open our hearts more fully to Him. And even when we are in a state of sin, God will constantly offer us opportunities to make things right with Him and with others because He wants us to spend the rest of eternity with Him.

Do we place our trust and hope in God? How can we resist the temptation to sin and instead remain loyal to God in all things? What can we do to make amends with God after we do fall from grace?

O Lord, fight with me against my own faithlessness and the temptations of the deceitful.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment