Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Twenty-Third Tuesday in Ordinary Time

The Lord is compassionate toward all his works. I will extol you, O my God and King, and I will bless your name forever and ever. Every day will I bless you, and I will praise your name forever and ever.

God is compassionate toward all of us. He may be just in His punishment, but He is merciful, too. He gives us an example of treating others well and being good to them, even when they aren’t good to us. He shows us how to know, love, and serve Him and all His children, especially those who are most difficult to love. It is by His Holy Name that we are blessed and filled with grace and it is because of Him that we are called to become living sacrifices.

How do we treat others? Are we as compassionate as God is compassionate? What can we do to grown in mercy and love of God and others?

O Lord, be compassionate toward us.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment