Thursday, December 19, 2019

Third Thursday of Advent

My mouth shall be filled with your praise, and I will sing your glory! For you are my hope, O LORD; my trust, O God, from my youth. On you I depend from birth; from my mother’s womb you are my strength. 

From the moment of our conception, God has loved us as His Own children. He blessed us in the womb with gifts, graces, and strengths that would help us throughout our lives. From birth, we have been dependent upon Him for all good things and this reliance will continue till the day we die and beyond. God has watched over us since out youth, granting us everything we need to become good and faithful servants to Him and to our brothers and sisters. He has been a Father to us, protecting, guiding, and encouraging us in our good words. He has also reprimanded us when we have gone astray and tried to lead us back to the right path as gently, but firmly as possible. For all these reasons, we find hope in Him and trust in His Ways. We praise Him for His Works and sing of His Glory because He has been the best Father, we could ever ask for... patient, kind, and compassionate.

Do we thank God for all the blessings He has given us? Do we allow Him to be our Father and act like His children, obedient and loving? What can we do to imitate Him in our lives?

O Lord, you are our Father, in you we trust and hope.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment