Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Who Am I?


Some people reading this blog may wonder who I am.
My name is Joseph Miller and I’m a Roman Catholic. I grew up in Michigan, moved to Texas for college, and returned to Michigan to be near family.

While in Texas, I got a bachelor’s degree in History and a master’s degree in Theological Studies focused on Youth Ministry. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find a youth ministry position in Michigan, but I did obtain a second master’s degree in Library and Information Science with a concentration on youth services. Since graduating I’ve been a youth services librarian and an academic librarian. I’ve enjoyed both positions and have been graced by working with very generous and good co-workers.

In my spare time, I write children’s books, especially picture books and middle grade novels. I don’t have anything currently published in this field, but do have a number of books published in the game industry. It’s my hope to get some of my children’s stories on book and library shelves in the future.

Besides writing, I enjoy reading, and playing games (card, board, and computer). I also have a few favorite TV shows, such as Castle, Agents of SHIELD, Grimm, Blacklist, and The Flash.
 
I enjoy praying the Rosary, The Little Crown of the Blessed Virgin Mary, The Magnificat, and Newman's Some Definite Service. Each year, I renew my True Devotion to Mary, which has been a wonderful spiritual experience.  I also have written a few prayers on various topics and might share them occassionally.

What Else Do You Want to Know About Me?

If you have a question for me, feel free to post it and I’ll respond as best I can.

Who Are You?

So, here’s my question for those who find this blog:

Who are you? What do you do? What are you hobbies, passions, etc.?

No comments:

Post a Comment