Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Tuesday of Holy Week

Though I thought I had toiled in vain, and for nothing, uselessly, spent my strength, Yet my reward is with the Lord, my recompense is with my God. For now the Lord has spoken who formed me as his servant from the womb, That Jacob may be brought back to him and Israel gathered to him; And I am made glorious in the sight of the Lord, and my God is now my strength!

Sometimes we can feel frustrated with our lives. We can feel like nothing is going our way or that all our work is for nothing. We can feel exhausted with the effort to keep up with everything we are juggling. Family, friends, work, faith. All demanding our attention, our energy, our time. However, if we are good and faithful servants and place our trust in the Lord, then He will repay us for our toils. He will reward us for our sacrifices and console us in our sorrows. He will gather us to Himself and lift us up to heaven where we will be made glorious in the sight of the Lord.

What are we frustrated about? How can we turn our frustrations into moments of faith, hope, and love? How can we learn to trust that God will provide us with the graces we need to overcome every obstacle in our lives?

O Lord, our recompense is with you and no worldly thing.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment