Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Wednesday of Holy Week

The Lord GOD has given me a well-trained tongue, That I might know how to speak to the weary a word that will rouse them. Morning after morning he opens my ear that I may hear; And I have not rebelled, have not turned back. I gave my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who plucked my beard; My face I did not shield from buffets and spitting.

Becoming a good and faithful servant to God and His children requires us to train our tongues to speak the truth, to inspire others, and to be charitable in our speech. To train our ears to listen to our consciences and the needs of others. To train our wills to be obedient to God, to avoid temptation, and to sin no more. To train our spirits to be humble, patient, and forgiving. All of these things require constant work on our part. They ask us to sacrifice our selfish desires and learn to put God and others before ourselves.

How can we train our tongues to speak with God’s love? How can we train our ears to listen with God’s Mercy? How can we train our wills and spirits to bear any burden for God?

O Lord, give us the graces we need to become good and faithful servants.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment