Friday, November 3, 2017

Thirtieth Friday of Ordinary Time

I speak the truth in Christ, I do not lie; my conscience joins with the Holy Spirit in bearing me witness that I have great sorrow and constant anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my own people, my kindred according to the flesh. They are children of Israel; theirs the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises; theirs the patriarchs, and from them, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.

We should always be concerned for others. Because of this we should always speak the truth in Christ. Our consciences should ever be joined with the Holy Spirit so we can be better bearers of witness to the world. We should be more than willing to sacrifice ourselves in the pursuit of saving souls just as Jesus Christ did in his most holy life. In the end, we might not be able to convince others to believe, but we can at least show them what it means to truly believe by being good, faithful, hopeful, and loving people.

Do we show concern for others or are we self-absorbed? How can we become better witnesses to the Good News and God’s Divine Love and Mercy towards all? In what ways can we sacrifice ourselves for the good of others?

O Lord, help us to lead others to you.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment