Thursday, August 16, 2018

Nineteenth Thursday in Ordinary Time

I did as I was told. During the day I brought out my baggage as though it were that of an exile, and at evening I dug a hole through the wall with my hand and, while they looked on, set out in the darkness, shouldering my burden.

We can only hope that when we stand before God at the Judgment we will be able to say, "I did as I was told." We might not always understand why God is asking us to think, say, or do something, but we must trust in Him. His Divine Plan is one that will lead to our betterment and our good if we allow it... if we follow it. We must be prepared for anything... to be exiled, to be persecuted, to lose everything... and to do it with humble and trusting hearts. We might have to leave our homes and set out into the dark unknown, but with God as our lamp and guide, we shall not go astray. We shall be able to shoulder our burdens patiently and without complaint.

Do we do as we are told by the commandments of the Father, the teachings of the Son, and the inspirations of the Holy Spirit? Are we prepared to suffer and even die for God's Will? How can we grow in our trust of God's Goodness and Grace?

O Lord, we wish only to do as we are told by you.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment