Saturday, August 25, 2018

Twentieth Saturday in Ordinary Time

I fell prone as the glory of the LORD entered the temple by way of the gate which faces the east, but spirit lifted me up and brought me to the inner court. And I saw that the temple was filled with the glory of the LORD. Then I heard someone speaking to me from the temple, while the man stood beside me. The voice said to me: Son of man, this is where my throne shall be, this is where I will set the soles of my feet; here I will dwell among the children of Israel forever.

If we want to spend eternity with God, then we have to do everything within our power to transform our hearts into temples for the Lord. We need to place the foundations of our lives upon his commandments, build the walls of our faith around the teachings of Jesus, and shelter ourselves beneath the inspirations of the Holy Spirit. We have to cleanse and keep clean our consciences and keep watch against those things that would defile the sacred space we’ve created for God. We cannot let temptation or indifference ruin our spiritual temples. We must give glory to God for all He has done for us and thank Him for providing all we need to build our hearts into living temples to Him. We must welcome God’s Presence in our lives through constant prayer, frequent communion, and acts of charity and mercy toward others.

How can we make our hearts into temples to the Lord? What can we do to give glory to God with our every thought, word, and work? In what ways have we made our hearts into shelters for those who are in need or suffering?

O Lord, dwell without our hearts.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment