Monday, March 25, 2019

Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord

Here I am, Lord; I come to do your will. Sacrifice or oblation you wished not, but ears open to obedience you gave me. Holocausts or sin-offerings you sought not; then said I, “Behold I come.”

Our minds, hearts, souls, and bodies should echo the words we hear in this psalm, “Here we are, Lord; we come to do your will.” The decision to let go of our will and choose to do God’s Will is one that shapes who we are. This is what Mary did when she said, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word.” And these words should ever be on our lips, too. God wants our love, obedience, and good works and if we give Him these, then He will respond with His Love, Mercy, and Grace.

Are we doing God’s Will? How can we be more obedient to God’s commandments, teachings, and inspirations? What can we do to make our lives into living sacrifices of love for God and all His children?

O Lord, here we are, help us to do your will.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment