Saturday, March 30, 2019

Third Saturday of Lent

It is mercy I desire, and not sacrifice. Have mercy on me, O God, in your goodness; in the greatness of your compassion wipe out my offense. Thoroughly wash me from my guilt and of my sin cleanse me.

God wants us to be merciful like Him. He wants us to be good like Him. He wants us to be compassionate like Him. He wants us to love like Him. He wants us to magnify Him for all the world through our thoughts, words, and works. All the almsgiving, prayer, and mortification in the world will avail us nothing if we don’t do it in His Spirit. We can do all the right things for all the wrong reasons. God wants us to do them for Him and Him alone. It isn’t easy choosing to be Christ-like. It is a hard and narrow path filled with hardship and suffering and sacrifice, but if we follow in God’s footsteps and accept our crosses, then we shall taste the goodness of the Lord and enjoy His Heavenly Feast for all eternity.

Are we merciful like God? Are we good and compassionate like Him? How can we magnify Him in all we think, do, and say?

O Lord, wash us from our guilt and sin so we will become merciful, good, and compassionate.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment