Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Fourth Tuesday of Easter

My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand.

What a blessing and a grace to be in Jesus’ hand! While we are in his gentle hands, nothing can take us away from him. He teaches us His Truth. He leads us by His Way. He gives us His Life. How can we ever repay him for what he has done for us? Perhaps we can start by opening our ears and listening to his voice, by following in his footsteps, and accepting the eternal life he offers us so that we might never perish. When we do these things we become more Christ-like and begin to understand what it means to make our lives into a living sacrifice as Jesus did for us.

Do we listen for and to the God’s voice in our lives? Do we follow in Christ’s footsteps or do we make our own way? Have we truly accepted eternal life or have we settled for the worldly one we are living?

O Lord, keep us in the palm of your hand.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment