Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Fourth Wednesday of Lent

I cannot do anything on my own; I judge as I hear, and my judgment is just, because I do not seek my own will but the will of the one who sent me.

Jesus is always seeking to do the Father's Will. His judgments, his works, his words. They all flow from the Father, have their source in God Almighty. His relationship with the Father is at the center of his every action and is made manifest by the Holy Spirit. His very being constantly points to the One God who sent him. In the same way, our lives should always point back to our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. We must become the embodiment of all that is His Will. We should do nothing on our own, whether at work or at play. God should be there with us, remembered and evoked and thanked.

Do we realize that we can do nothing without God? How can we learn to seek God's Will and not our own? In what ways are we living up to our calling to be messengers of God's Love and Mercy?

O Lord, we can do nothing without you.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment