Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Fourth Tuesday of Advent

My lover speaks; he says to me, “Arise, my beloved, my dove, my beautiful one,
and come! For see, the winter is past, the rains are over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth, the time of pruning the vines has come, and the song of the dove is heard in our land.
The fig tree puts forth its figs, and the vines, in bloom, give forth fragrance. Arise, my beloved, my beautiful one, and come!”

God is our lover. The Bible is the greatest love story ever told. Our lives are chapters in the never-ending story. Each one is different, but God wants the same ending for us all. He wants us to be with Him forever in paradise. He sees the beauty in all people and gives them every chance to grow in faith, hope, and love. He treats each of us as His beloved. He calls to us to come with Him, prune away our sins, to celebrate life, and bear good fruits.

Do we appreciate how much God loves us? What can we do to prune away our sins and imperfections? How are our lives an expression of God’s Love to others?

O Lord, you are our beloved, our beautiful one.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment