Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Memorial of Saint John of the Cross, Priest and Doctor of the Church

Turn to me and be safe, all you ends of the earth, for I am God; there is no other! By myself I swear, uttering my just decree and my unalterable word: To me every knee shall bend; by me every tongue shall swear, Saying, “Only in the LORD are just deeds and power. Before him in shame shall come all who vent their anger against him. In the LORD shall be the vindication and the glory of all the descendants of Israel.”

God is the source of justice, good deeds, and power. As long as we turn to Him, we will be safe. However, there are many things in this world that will tempt us to be unjust, to sin, and to trust in our own power before God. All those who allow themselves to be lured away from God will have to answer for their wrongs, while those who stand fast with Him will be vindicated and witness the glory of the Beatific Vision. So let us bend our knee to God and proclaim His Goodness all the days of our lives. This is what it means to be a disciple: to take God as our beginning, middle, and end and no other.

Do we turn to God in our times of need? Do we bend our knees and proclaim the greatness of God? Do we recognize God as the source, center, and summit of all our good deeds?

O Lord, in you we shall find our vindication and glory.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment