Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Fourth Wednesday of Advent

“Pardon, my lord! As you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood near you here, praying to the LORD. I prayed for this child, and the LORD granted my request. Now I, in turn, give him to the LORD; as long as he lives, he shall be dedicated to the LORD.” She left Samuel there.

Just as Hannah consecrated Samuel to the Lord, so does Mary consecrate us. Everything we are and have is God’s and it is in Him that we find our fulfillment. Both Mary and Hannah were willing to offer up their beloved sons to God and likewise we need to be willing to give up whatever is most beloved to us. We are all called to dedicate ourselves to God and let Him think, speak, and work through us. If we do this, then we shall become good and faithful servants living sacramental and prophetic lives.

Have we dedicated our lives to God? Are we willing to sacrifice our most beloved people, places, and things to know, love, and serve God? How can we repay God for all He has done for us?

O Lord, we give ourselves to you through the hands of your Holy Mother, Mary.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment