Saturday, October 7, 2017

Memorial of Our Lady of the Rosary

"Hear, you neighbors of Zion! God has brought great mourning upon me, For I have seen the captivity that the Eternal God has brought upon my sons and daughters. With joy I fostered them; but with mourning and lament I let them go. Let no one gloat over me, a widow, bereft of many: For the sins of my children I am left desolate, because they turned from the law of God. Fear not, my children; call out to God! He who brought this upon you will remember you. As your hearts have been disposed to stray from God, turn now ten times the more to seek him; For he who has brought disaster upon you will, in saving you, bring you back enduring joy."

No matter how much we’ve sinned against God, let Him down, or turned away from what is right and good… we are still loved by God. Even in the midst of our sinful outbursts, He is constantly offering us salvation. He tells us to “Fear not!” He will remember us in our times of need. He will offer us every chance to return to Him and become ten times better seekers of His Way, Truth, and Life. Our sinful despondence will be replaced with joyful acceptance. Our evil ways will be amended to become charitable and merciful, reflecting the loving essence of our Heavenly Father. We have only to seek Him wholeheartedly with a firm intention to become His faithful servants now and forever.

What exiles are we suffering from due to our sins? How can we allow God to lead us to better places spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically? Is there anything we can do to become better seekers of God’s Will?

O Lord, bring us back to your joy whenever and wherever we stray.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment