Thursday, October 31, 2019

Thirtieth Thursday in Ordinary Time

Save me, O Lord, in your mercy. Do you, O GOD, my Lord, deal kindly with me for your name’s sake; in your generous mercy rescue me; For I am wretched and poor, and my heart is pierced within me.

There are moments in our lives when we just have to ask God to save us. We are lost in a sea of confusion. We are battered by storms of doubt and difficulties. We are crushed beneath a mountain of worries. We are pierced by sufferings and sorrows. We don’t have the strength to get back onto our feet without God’s Help. Thankfully, God is always listening and He will never give us a burden we cannot bear. He will always grant us graces, blessings, and strengths to overcome our trials. He takes pity on us, wretched and poor, and deals kindly with us. He tends to our wounds, guides us back to where we are meant to be, and shows us the way forward.

Do we ask God to save us or do we try to save ourselves? How can we learn to trust that God will deal with us kindly and rescue us from harm? What can we do to imitate His generous mercy in our own daily lives?

O Lord, in your generous mercy rescue us.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment