Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Thirtieth Wednesday in Ordinary Time

My hope, O Lord, is in your mercy. Look, answer me, O LORD, my God! Give light to my eyes that I may not sleep in death lest my enemy say, “I have overcome him”; lest my foes rejoice at my downfall.

Our hope is indeed founded upon God’s Mercy. It is not up to us if we are forgiven. It is up to God. We can only offer small penances and repayments to God for what evils we have done and what goods we have failed to do. We are not perfect and depend upon His Divine Mercy. It is only through Him that we have a chance at redemption. It is only in Him that we have any hope of triumph. He is the source of our good, the center of who we should be, and the summit of what we are called to become. He is the light that guides us where we need to go and shows us the way out of the dark valleys that surround us.

Does our hope reside in God’s Divine Mercy? Do we allow God to light the way when we are lost? How can we become what we are called to be?

O Lord, answer us and give us your light.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment