Friday, March 18, 2016

The Fifth Friday of Lent

“Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, "You are gods"‘? If it calls them gods to whom the word of God came, and Scripture cannot be set aside, can you say that the one whom the Father has consecrated and sent into the world blasphemes because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? If I do not perform my Father’s works, do not believe me; but if I perform them, even if you do not believe me, believe the works, so that you may realize and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.”

We are all called to be God-like by making present His Love, Mercy, and Grace to all we meet. Part of living out the Word of God is accepting Him as our Heavenly Father, consecrating ourselves to Him, and performing His works. When we do all these things, we become God-bearers, incarnations of Christ, and embodiments of the Holy Spirit. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit reside within us and our hearts, souls, minds, and bodies remain with God. Becoming God-like is not easy. It requires a great deal of sacrifice. However, it is worth the suffering because if we succeed in aligning ourselves with God’s Will and go into the world as His children, then we will one day join the Holy Trinity in a never-ending spiritual banquet.

How do we try to make God’s Love, Mercy, and Grace present to others? Do we manifest God in all that we think, say, and do? Are we willing to sacrifice ourselves so that we have more room for God within our hearts?

O Lord, you are in me and I am in you.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment