Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Fifth Tuesday of Lent

When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will realize that I AM, and that I do nothing on my own, but I say only what the Father taught me. The one who sent me is with me.  He has not left me alone, because I always do what is pleasing to him.

We are all called to be Christ-like in everything we do. Consequently, we will also be raised up in sacrifice in various ways. Some of us will need to give up our lives just as Jesus did. Others will be asked to forfeit our prosperity, wealth, or well-being. Still more will be required to surrender our time and talents in order to do God’s Will. When these sacrifices come, we would do well to remember that nothing is ours. We have no claim on God’s Love, Mercy, or Grace. He gives them to us out of pure charity. When we realize this, we come to understand God is the one who has sent us into the world and is always with us. He never leaves us alone and gives us every opportunity to do what is pleasing to Him.

Are we willing to be lifted up as a sacrifice for God’s glory and the sanctification of our brothers and sisters in Christ? Are we willing to let God lead us where He needs us to be? How can we do a better job of pleasing God through our words and works?

O Lord, lift us up as examples of your love.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment