Thursday, July 12, 2018

Fourteenth Thursday in Ordinary Time

My heart is overwhelmed, my pity is stirred. I will not give vent to my blazing anger, I will not destroy Ephraim again; For I am God and not man, the Holy One present among you; I will not let the flames consume you.

We disappoint God in many ways, through our failures to do good and our sins against Him and others. We turn our backs on Him in wickedness, indifference, and weakness. We fail Him when we let our fears, doubts, passions, and selfishness keep us from doing His Will. Thankfully, God is loving and forgiving. He is willing to look past our faults and give us many opportunities to confess our sins, do penance, choose what is right, and sin no more. He has pity on us and puts aside His righteous anger. As our Heavenly Father, he does not wish us to perish and so He opens His arms to us and says, "Come to me." It is up to us to accept this invitation and become faithful children.

In what ways are we disappointing God? How can we rid ourselves of those things that keep us from doing God's Will? What can we do to give thanks to God for His Divine Mercy?

O Lord, look past our faults and failings and help us to grow in grace and love.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment