Thursday, September 20, 2018

Memorial of Saints Andrew Kim Tae-gon, Priest, and Paul Chong Ha-sang, and Companions, Martyrs

For I am the least of the Apostles, not fit to be called an Apostle, because I persecuted the Church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me has not been ineffective. Indeed, I have toiled harder than all of them; not I, however, but the grace of God that is with me. Therefore, whether it be I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

None of us are complete free of sin. We’ve all been persecutors of the Church in some shape, form, or fashion. We have persecuted it through our sins, through our failure to do good, or our indifference. Thankfully, God forgives us like He forgave Paul and gives us strength and graces to grow in faith, hope, and love. These gifts should make us strive all the harder to be good and faithful servants willing to do whatever God calls us to do.

Are we toiling as hard as we should to fulfill God’s Will in our lives? How can we become holier followers of Christ? How can we put the graces and gifts God has given us to the best use in bringing about God’s Kingdom?

O Lord, we are not fit to be your followers, but by your grace we will be good and faithful servants to you and your children.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment