Friday, February 22, 2019

Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter, Apostle

The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want. Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil; for you are at my side With your rod and your staff that give me courage.

We have nothing to fear as long as we are right with God. If we seek forgiveness for our sins with humble and contrite hearts, then He will show us mercy. If we trust in His Divine Plan, then He will lead us where we need to be. If we think, speak, and act like Christ, then we shall become co-heirs to the kingdom. If we believe God is at our side, we shall have the courage we need to face any challenge. If we are willing to sacrifice ourselves for the glory of God and the good of others, then we shall find our reward in Heaven.

Are we afraid of things we shouldn’t fear? How can we overcome these anxieties and show God we trust in Him? What can we do to give others the courage to live out their faith, too?

O Lord, we fear no evil for you are at our side.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment