Friday, February 8, 2019

Fourth Friday in Ordinary Time

The Lord is my light and my salvation. Though an army encamp against me, my heart will not fear; Though war be waged upon me, even then will I trust.

No matter what happens to us, if we trust in God, then we will have nothing to fear. If we are having financial difficulties, but trust in God, we will be taken care of. If we lose our health, but trust in God, we will make it through our troubles. If we lose a loved one, but trust in God, we will be at peace. If our enemies persecute and mock us, but we trust in God, then we will triumph over them. If we go through any sort of difficulties, but trust in God, we will survive them all. If we make God our Light and our salvation, we will have nothing to fear.

Do we put our trust in God in our most difficult times? How can we be at peace even in the midst of trials? What can we do to resist the war waged against us by evil in the world?

O Lord, with you at my side I have nothing to fear.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment