Sunday, February 10, 2019

Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me has not been ineffective. Indeed, I have toiled harder than all of them; not I, however, but the grace of God that is with me. Therefore, whether it be I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

We are Christians by the grace of God. Some of us were born into the faith, others came to the faith later in life. However, all of us are in need of deeper conversion. Just like Paul, we all are called to proclaim the Gospel in our own unique ways. It is up to each of us to accept our vocation and to toil harder than we ever imagined to bring the Way, the Truth, and the Life into the world. So, let us all preach in our own way, by thoughts, words, and works and show those around us we are worthy of the name Christians and true heirs of the Kingdom of God.

Do we think, speak, and act like Christians in all things? How can we live out our vocation to know, love, and serve God and His children with all our hearts, souls, minds, and strengths? How can we toil harder to bring the Good News to others?

O Lord, by your grace we can become good and faithful servants to you forever and ever.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment