Monday, March 4, 2019

Eighth Monday of Ordinary Time

Let the just exult and rejoice in the Lord. Then I acknowledged my sin to you, my guilt I covered not. I said, "I confess my faults to the LORD," and you took away the guilt of my sin.

A good confession can make a world of difference in our lives. It can clear the slate and give us new focus. It offers us an opportunity for true conversion of body, mind, and spirit if we allow the graces of the confessional to flow into us and help us to do penance and amend our lives. God gave us the sacrament of reconciliation because He knows our fallen nature and our desire to strive against it. Confession is a way for us to stand up against our selfish desires and acknowledge and proclaim we want something better.

Are we making use of the sacrament of reconciliation? What are the sins and guilts hold us back? How can we build up the courage to make a thorough examination of conscience and good confession?

O Lord, we acknowledge our sins and seek to amend our ways.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment