Friday, March 8, 2019

Friday after Ash Wednesday

A heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn. Have mercy on me, O God, in your goodness; in the greatness of your compassion wipe out my offense. Thoroughly wash me from my guilt and of my sin cleanse me.

God will not spurn us if we come to Him with hearts that are contrite and humble. God wants us to come to Him and seek forgiveness for our sins and imperfections. He wants to shower us with His Mercy as an example of what we should for those who trespass against us. He wants to wipe out our offenses and wash away our guilt. He wants us to be cleansed of evil and filled with goodness and compassion.

How can we become humbler and more contrite in our hearts? What can we do to imitate God’s Mercy and Compassion in our own lives? How can we be as good as our Heavenly Father is good?

O Lord, grant us humble and contrite hearts.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment