Thursday, March 14, 2019

First Thursday of Lent

Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me. I will give thanks to you, O LORD, with all my heart, for you have heard the words of my mouth; in the presence of the angels I will sing your praise; I will worship at your holy temple and give thanks to your name.

The Lord our God is listening. He is watching. He is with us now and if we are holy, He will be with us forever. There is no prayer that goes unheard or unanswered. There is no word that passes our lips that He does not hear. There is no work we do that He does not witness. He knows our good deeds. He knows our sins. He knows all. And yet, He loves us in spite of our flaws and our sins and chooses to come to our help whenever we call upon Him. This is why we ought to sing His praises and give thanks to Him.

What do we need help with? How can we make God more of a part of that area of our lives? How can we love God and His children as He loves us?

O Lord, we give thanks to you for you have heard us.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment