Saturday, October 6, 2018

Twenty-Sixth Saturday in Ordinary Time

Job answered the LORD and said: I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be hindered. I have dealt with great things that I do not understand; things too wonderful for me, which I cannot know. I had heard of you by word of mouth, but now my eye has seen you. Therefore I disown what I have said, and repent in dust and ashes.

Thankfully for us, God is merciful. Even if we sin and turn our backs on Him in thought, word, or deed, He will forgive us if we realize our errors, confess our sins, and do penance. We should take comfort in this thought and be thankful God is with us and not against us. He wants us to succeed in our spiritual lives and to become good and faithful servants. He wants us to be found worthy of eternal life and rewarded at the heavenly feast. We might only know Him now by word of mouth and blind faith, but one day we will receive the Beatific Vision of the Holy Trinity. Our eyes will rest on His Glorious Being and our hearts will be filled with a selfless love that reflects the outpouring of love God has given us.

Do we trust God can do all things? Do we repent of our failings in thought, word, and work? How can we prepare our minds, hearts, and bodies so we might one day be found worthy to partake in the Heavenly banquet?

O Lord, we disown our selfish feelings and desires and repent of any evils we have done.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment