Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Twenty-Sixth Wednesday in Ordinary Time

Should he come near me, I see him not; should he pass by, I am not aware of him; Should he seize me forcibly, who can say him nay? Who can say to him, "What are you doing?" How much less shall I give him any answer, or choose out arguments against him! Even though I were right, I could not answer him, but should rather beg for what was due me. If I appealed to him and he answered my call, I could not believe that he would hearken to my words.

Sometimes we are blinded to the presence of God in our lives. This blindness can come in many forms. We might be distracted by worldly things, we might be sunk in the darkness of sin, or lost in indifference. We can be tempted to think nothing we do or say will make a difference because God has abandoned us. We may even feel angry at Him for letting us suffer. However, just because we can’t see God or hear Him doesn't mean He's not there. Just because we feel abandoned and alone doesn't mean we are. Just because we are suffering doesn't mean God wants us to suffer. This is why we must trust in Him even in our times of trials. If we appeal to Him, He will answer us. Maybe not in the way we wish, but He will give us what is best for the well-being of our souls.

Are we being blinded to God's Presence in our lives? If so, then what can we do to see Him more clearly? How can we learn to trust He has our best interests at heart, even in the midst of our sufferings?

O Lord, make us more aware of your presence and grace in our lives.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment