Monday, November 11, 2019

Memorial of Saint Martin of Tours, Bishop

Guide me, Lord, along the everlasting way. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know the whole of it. Behind me and before, you hem me in and rest your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; too lofty for me to attain.

God knows us better than we know ourselves. He sees our deepest secrets. He knows our greatest potential. He believes we can all become saints and gives us everything we need to become holy. He guides us in great and small ways towards eternal life, but He will not force His Way, Truth, or Life on us. He wants us to choose them ourselves. He knows what we will think, say, and do before we know and provides us with guidance so we might think, speak, and act as Jesus would. There is no escaping from God. He sees everything in our minds and hearts, understands the inner struggles we have, and wants to help us overcome everything so we can be His good and faithful servants.

What does God see within us? What do we see within ourselves? Are we the person we are called to be as Christians?

O Lord, guide us along the everlasting way to life with you.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment