Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Thirty-Third Wednesday in Ordinary Time

Lord, when your glory appears, my joy will be full. My steps have been steadfast in your paths, my feet have not faltered. I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God; incline your ear to me; hear my word.

The pathways to Heaven may be narrow and fraught with peril, but they lead to glory and joy. This is why we must strive to be steadfast in the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Together they lead us to where we need to be as Christians and servants of God. They keep us from straying from the path and falling into the pits and traps that lay just off the edge of the trail. Our enemies wait for us to misstep and sin so they might attack us and drag us away to our own destruction. However, God is always listening and His Word will guide and protect us if we let it. Then, we shall know true happiness, which only comes from imitating God and magnifying His Holy Spirit within us.

Are we willing to turn our back on the wide road of destruction and instead follow the narrower road to salvation? How can we live in accordance with God’s Will? What can we do to imitate and magnify our Heavenly Father?

O Lord, help us to be steadfast in your paths.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment