Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Memorial of Saint Augustine, Bishop and Doctor of the Church

You have searched me and you know me, Lord. Where can I go from your spirit? From your presence where can I flee? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I sink to the nether world, you are present there.

God is ever-present in our lives. There is not a moment when He abandons us, even if we might sometimes feel that way. He is always beside us, even when we turn our backs on Him. He does not leave us alone, no matter how much we might push Him away with sin. He is a loving Father who is always waiting for us to return to Him when we go astray. And sometimes, He goes far out of His way to find us and bring us home. There is no place we can flee that is out of His reach and nothing we can do that He won’t forgive if we are truly sorry and contrite. So, let us not be afraid of Him, but rather embrace Him and make Him a central part of every day.

Do we sometimes think we can escape God? How can we embrace God as central to our lives? What can we do to make ourselves more present to Him as He is ever-present for us?

O Lord, you are always there for us.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment